Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Why do we do the things we do?

Maybe, it's because the year is winding down and everyone's in that sentimental/reminiscent mood, but last week reflecting back on the things i've done this year, it has made me wonder why i do certain things. For example last week when i went out with nate and benson to share the gospel with nate's friend over dinner, i really didn't feel that my mind and heart were truly there. Afterwards I felt that I had really failed God by not praying and plainly by just not centering my heart on Him. I mean I understand that as it says in Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes." I am not the one doing the saving, it's God, but there's still that responsibility on my part to be a faithful servant to God with what He gives me. So I guess it all boils down to: am I doing ministry things, devos, prayer, or even going to church etc just for the sake of doing them and going through the motions, or am I here to glorify God and to worship Him in all that I do? because if not, it's more than just a disservice to God, I'm a hypocrite. God, I am such a sinner, my actions are so futile, please Lord help me in this.

I'll end this post with a little reminder from our good ol' friend John Piper - "The chief end of man is to glorify God by enjoying Him forever."

Man, I want my life to be like THAT

No comments: