Tuesday, February 20, 2007

RESOLVED

Resolved was just amazing, Rick Holland, John MacArthur, Steve Lawson, CJ Mahaney, and John Piper...WOW... so many godly people in one place. Surprisingly they were hilarious up on stage joking with each other during the panel, never did I expect to see that side of those guys. Hearing John Piper and CJ Mahaney preach for the first time was awesome, just hearing the authors of the books I've read, preach those messages aloud in real-life was a unique experience. The worship was awesome and so powerful too, man the Crossroads Band is sooo good. Most importantly though is that God was glorified this weekend at Resolved, no matter how good the preachers, or how good the band, in the end our purpose here is to glorify God, and I hope He was pleased. I'm quite tired now, but a very content kind of tired, this weekend seemed too short and everything went by so fast. I'm going to have to go through my notes again...I can barely remember what the first session was about. So many things floating around in my head, I'll organize them soon enough. Some themes that stick out in my mind right now:
1) to live my life sold-out to Christ
2) if you ever think that you can do something deserving of of God's love, then you will never be secure in your salvation because it's NEVER enough, only through Christ.
3) God was pleased to crush His Son

Man, I am unworthy of this love.

1 comment:

Will.i.am said...

so right abt how we are so undeserving of God's love, that even Christ wanted the cup of wrath taken away from him! But oh how God loves us...what great news. what a weekend