Monday, March 19, 2007

The Power of Prayer

Sometimes I forget about how powerful prayer is and rely on my own power, thinking that there are things that I can do on my own. But through these past two weeks, I'm seeing the power of prayer right before my eyes. One instance being my family suddenly deciding to go to church, which they have been doing so for about 3-4 consecutive weeks now. Hopefully this is a good church, I'm going to check it out over break (I don't know anything about it), but praise God for answering my prayers since last summer!!! So just a reminder to all you guys out there, through faith and the right motives, God can do all things. And remember to PRAY what is on your heart. God sometimes answers prayers in ways we don't expect, but He is faithful none the less. Good luck with finals everyone who still has them, and have a good Spring Break!

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened. Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he? If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" -Luke 11:9-13

No comments: