Monday, January 15, 2007

Don't be a FOOL

One week down already and fortunately for all of us we get a 3 day weekend. Man sooo much work already... That's one goal for the quarter: get good/better grades and do a better job with schoolwork in general. One of the ways I can honor God is by being a good steward of my role here as a student at UCLA. This has been one fun weekend so far minus the stupid NFL playoffs. Man my legs are tired from ballin' Friday and playing tackle football on Saturday. Dang I feel bad for hurting Mitchell's ankle when I tackled him, hopefully he's alright.
Going to prayer meeting on saturday and hearing about things and thoughts going through everyone's minds after coming back from break makes me want to put a real effort into hanging out with the guys more this quarter. As the Bible says 'iron sharpens iron' and as brothers in Christ we need to do likewise because trying to go it alone leads to more harm than good. Crossroads today felt really refreshing for some reason, maybe it's from not going to Grace church for the last few weeks or something. One thing Rick said that hit me hard was "what kind of fool would reject Christ, reject eternal life, and reject forgiveness of sins from a wrathful God???" It just made me think about how fortuanate I am to be a Christian, and to have the promise of eternal life and forgiveness of sins given to me from a loving God when I deserve nothing. Also it gave me a deep sense of pity for those who never get a chance to hear the Gospel told to them because of our failure as Christians to share the good news of our savior Jesus Christ. Then even more saddenning thing is to think of those who actually do hear the Gospel and reject it. I sometimes wonder if those people are actually grasping the idea of an all powerful Savior willing to demean Himself by becoming flesh on earth to be a servant to men just so He could be crucified and receive the wrath from the weight of all our sins. --edit--In the end it's all up to God. My perfectionist ways sometimes blind me into being too preoccupied with how I articulate the gospel. It's not about me, all I can do is get the gospel out there. God, make me bold!

1 comment:

Will.i.am said...

let's pray that whoever we share the gospel with that they will have God searching their hearts and souls and not their own, cause man can do no good. Work hard bro, the quarter is still early. peace