Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light...

Tonight's small group we went through Ephesians 5:3-21. Crazy stuff. God commands us to not let immorality, impurity, or greed to even be named among us. The main idea is that we were already made righteous by God as children of Light. Committing any sins of immorality, impurity, or greed means we our turning ourselves into something we're not. We can't just confess and repent and let ourselves repeat that over and over again. It's all or nothing because "no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, had an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God." -Ephesians 5:5. I never thought of myself as a Christian in that sense, that I am already made righteous by God, and sins of immorality are making me someone that goes against what God created. I pray that I continually remind myself of this and hold myself to this standard.

No comments: